Northern White Cedar Facts and Benefits
Northern white cedar is the most perfect building material.
- It has the highest R-value of all wood species, keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. Slow tree growth results in tight rings that make for a warmer wood.
- Northern white cedar's closed cell structure means it's extremely decay resistant. Cedar does not absorb water, therefore preventing mold or fungus from growing inside the logs.
- Northern white cedar has no warping or checking problems and has the lowest shrinkage of all woods.
- Northern white cedar is chemical free, which results in a healthier home.
- Northern white cedar is the most durable wood and will last for hundreds of years, from generation to generation.